When we create a test in an online exam software, we can imagine how this test will be taken by people we are making it for.
Of course, we expect it to be a great experience for our test takers. We think that the test is composed perfectly. But sometimes it turns out to be that we overlooked some small detail that made the quiz not quite what we’d like it to be.
For example, we might think that for some particular test a 15-minute time limit is more than enough, while in reality it requires at least half an hour to be completed without unnecessary hurry.
Or, which also occurs not that rarely, we may use the “Shuffle answers” feature in order to protect our quizzes from cheating, and at the same time we include in our tests multiple choice questions with “All of the above” answer option.
If we combine these two elements, we’ll inevitably get a situation when the option “All of the above” is not quite above all of the other answers — when answers are randomly shuffled, it can be even the first answer option. That would be very confusing for quiz takers.
That’s why it’s always recommended to preview all of your exams and tests, especially the most important ones, before assigning them to your test takers.
How to preview your tests in HmmQuiz
- Log into your HmmQuiz account. If you don’t have such an account yet, you can create it here and then prepare your first test according to this guide.
- Find the test you need to preview in the “Tests” table in the “Tests” section of your HmmQuiz account.
- Click on the “Preview” button in the row with the chosen test.
- In the test preview interface, click on the “Start the Test” button and take the test similarly to how your test takers will take it.
- On the test result page, click on the “Open Your Profile Page” button or on the section with the text “This is a test preview page. Click here to return to the main page of your HmmQuiz account” in order to return to the “Tests” section of your HmmQuiz account.
- If you need to change the test settings, in the “Tests” table click on the “Settings” button.
- If you want to change settings for some of the questions added to the test, in the “Tests” table click on the “Questions” button, and on the next page find the question you need to modify and click on the “Settings” button next to it.
Create a test taker account for yourself
Even though in most cases the regular test preview engine available in HmmQuiz will be sufficient for checking if the test you made is exactly what you want it to be, sometimes you might be also interested in using an alternative approach.
In this case there will be no difference from how the test looks like in the test preview interface (except for the “This is a test preview page…” caption, of course, which won’t be displayed). Why then would you choose this detour instead of just pressing the “Preview” button?
When you use the “Preview” button, you don’t have the history of all the previews you have done so far. At the same time, when you take all of your tests as a quiz taker, all of the results are saved in your test taker’s HmmQuiz account.
So, if it’s important for you to have the possibility to check all of your tests previews at any time, using a test taker account might suit your needs perfectly.
In order to simplify this process, instead of creating for yourself a quiz taker account with an email address, which would require you to use some mailbox different from which you already used to create your administrator’s HmmQuiz account, you can create a test taker account without an email address.